The Colorado Brewery Running Series Is The Best Of Both Worlds
Image courtesy of Colorado Brewery Running Series
Colorado is famous for many different things, namely our love for staying active and drinking craft beer. If you’re a Coloradan who just can’t get enough of either, the Colorado Brewery Running Series is your calling.
This series is a collection of family-friendly 5k walks and beer runs that start and end at breweries in Colorado throughout the year, in cities including Denver, Boulder, Golden, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, and beyond. At the finish line, participants can indulge in food trucks, live music, and of course the finest Colorado craft beers our state has to offer.
These events aren’t just a way for runners, joggers, and walkers to enjoy the great outdoors and refresh themselves with a cold one (or four) afterward. A portion of all proceeds go to different local non-profits, so participants can have fun for a good cause.
Although COVID-19 has pushed the series into the virtual realm, runners and beer enthusiasts across the country can still challenge themselves to get outside and stay involved. Find out how you can still be active, give back, and have fun with the Colorado Brewery Running Series this year.
What is the Colorado Brewery Running Series?
The beloved Brewery Running Series was founded in Minneapolis in 2012 by a pair who “wanted to combine their favorite things – being active, drinking beer, and supporting their community.”
A few thousand locals jumped on the band wagon, and now 8 years later, the Brewery Running Series is a nationwide treasure.
The Colorado Brewery Running Series is locally owned and operated by Brady Archer, a Denver local. 2020 will mark the 5th year that Coloradans in every corner of the state have been enjoying the beer run fun.
Since 2012, the series has hosted over 80 events at nearly 60 different Colorado breweries, with over 10,000 runners competing in the events!Running (and Drinking) for a Good Cause
From virtual to live events, every Colorado Brewery Running Series gives back a portion of event proceeds to local non-profits.
2020 Colorado Brewery Running Series Events
Although coronavirus has put a pause on in-person running events this year, the Colorado Brewery Running Series has stayed nimble and found ways to keep runners and beer lovers active and involved.
Monthly Virtual Distance Challenges
These month-long virtual challenges encourage runners, walkers, and hikers to get outside and stay active.
Each month, you get to set your mileage milestones to hit (25, 50, or 100 miles). The more you run, walk, or hike, the more custom awards you get to unlock for yourself!
How it works
- Register for the July event here. Registration is between $49 and $109, depending on whether you choose regular registration or the VIP/VIP Gold option.
- You can upgrade to the VIP option each month to receive the special customized swag.
- Download the July Colorado Virtual Distance Challenge app where you can self-report your daily mileage (on the honor system), track toward your monthly mileage goal, see the total miles run by the entire Challenge group, track mileage run by your friends or family, and see who is leading the pack with the most miles run/walked. (App download details and instructions were sent out at the end of June — contact the Colorado event organizer to learn how to download).
- Use the free app Strava to track your daily miles. Follow this link to join the Colorado Brewery Running Series club on the app >
- Through July 31st, run, walk, hike, or jog to hit your monthly milestones and reap the rewards!
- Don’t forget to tag @cobreweryrun on Instagram and use the hashtags #covirtualchallenge, #cobrs2020 and #quaRUNtine in your run/walk/beer drinking photos on Instagram or Facebook throughout the challenge for a chance to be featured in Colorado Brewery Running Series’ posts and stories!
What you get
Each mileage marker has different rewards. After you hit your goal, you can take home anything from fun laser-engraved cork coasters and fanny packs to t-shirts or a Liberty Bottle. And every participant will have access to special deals and discount codes to local Colorado breweries and other sponsors throughout the month.
You won’t just be earning things for yourself. 10% of all proceeds will be going to Colorado Strong Fund, a local benefit helping healthcare, hospitality, service workers and gig economy workers who have been impacted by COVID-19.
Not only will you find the motivation to get moving and enjoy awesome Colorado-themed rewards, but you’ll be helping fellow Coloradans who have been impacted by COVID-19.
Although coronavirus has kept all of us on our toes, the Colorado Brewery Running Series has several live 5k events planned for this fall, starting in August and going through the end of the year.
Check back on the Colorado Brewery Running home page for event updates throughout the summer and fall. Hopefully we’ll be able to safely run, jog, or walk and indulge in cold Colorado craft beers together soon!
One thing’s for certain, you can still stock up on your favorite Colorado craft beers to reward yourself for all those miles you put in during quarantine. And did you know we ship directly to your door?